Author Topic: FAO Cec  (Read 1454 times)

Offline RobK

• Administrator
  • Trainee Parlour Talker
    • Rob's Gallery
FAO Cec
« on: February 01, 2013, 06:41:41 PM »
I realise that the legal profession are not in your top ten list of likeable peoples.  Thus I'd like to add some fuel to the fire.  The other day I applied to register a trademark.  The IPAustralia website even warns you in a letter that you may be contacted by people that aren't from IPAustralia.  How right they are.  Today I received several letters from law firms willing to assist in expediting my trade mark registration, not that, that is really possible of course, IPAustralia offer to do it for free as long as you apply.  One law firm offered to attempt to expedite, all I had to do was fill in the form and my credit card details "cost commensurate with work". Another wanted a mere 2k.

Personally, I think it's perfectly acceptable  :stir:  :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: to send these letters out.  Interestingly enough, there must be situations where these "astute lawyers who have assisted persons like  myself" must from time to time ironically send letters to other astute lawyers that made the initial registration. 

Please feel free to add your astute comments.

Offline Cecil

• inept parlour talker
  • Trainee Parlour Talker
Re: FAO Cec
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »
Why doncha sennum a letter offering your services to assit them in assiting you with your initial application? Your fee should be maybe $4000? You could send a detailed invoice with a rough rundown on how letting you help them would be mutually beneficial.
The bottom feeding,  no scrupals, gouging parasites must be able to access the list of peeble trying to register a trademark. Any time you need help draughting a letter of demand or intimidating legal document lemme know  :4:
Life's great, just ask Rob

Offline QuoVadis

• inept parlour talker
  • Professional Pilot
    • Blood Sucking Lawyers
Re: FAO Cec
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 04:47:24 PM »
Quite frankly, I find these assertions absolutely scandalous.  SCANDOLOUS do you hear me.  We try and help and we get a kick in the guts for it.  By the way, we haven't received your request for assistance yet Rob.
Blood Sucking Lawers - The Law Firm

Interests: sex, law, hard liquor, gambling, horse racing, fine wine & prostitutes