Author Topic: Virgin Embraer 190 lightning strike  (Read 2394 times)

Offline RobK

• Administrator
  • Trainee Parlour Talker
    • Rob's Gallery
Virgin Embraer 190 lightning strike
« on: January 22, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »
Had a thirty minute flight on an Virgin Embraer yesterday.  Very large bang shortly into the flight.  Quite a few "fuck me's" and then dead silence.  I'll upload the pics of kite after we returned to Sydney with a seriously buggered cockpit window later. 

Offline RobK

• Administrator
  • Trainee Parlour Talker
    • Rob's Gallery
Re: Virgin Embraer 190 lightning strike
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 12:45:22 PM »
Unfortunately, it looked way more impressive from the inside but they wouldn't let me take any pics.  There are two arc points, one on the lower part of the copilot's window and one on the fuselage just near the copilot's but but you can't see that one.

Offline Cecil

• inept parlour talker
  • Trainee Parlour Talker
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 02:53:01 PM »
So yoo just toog it for a spin to try it out? Jew loop it? Watcha doen in Siderney Boxhead? Parasite stuff? Checking out Aircraft for your feeder Airline idea we were tawgin about? Did those other backers come on board? Zat what the painting of the Dak wuz for to hang in your office when you resurrect the old East West again? What else did the Council say when they OK'd the plans for the new terminal and 5 Hectar maintenance facility? Yoo got a few answers to come up with fella. ???
Life's great, just ask Rob

Offline RobK

• Administrator
  • Trainee Parlour Talker
    • Rob's Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 02:58:19 PM »
The law firm was considering buying one to shuttle valued employees around and mob from Embraer took us for a quick spin when this happened.  Definitely enhanced my opinion that we should choose this sort of vehicle for our corporate jet.  Very comfortable when not glowing.